Friday, August 7, 2009

Shoe Update


I did a shoe post not so long ago, but I am feeling the need for an update. Since then, I have managed to procure a pair of Feiyues in my size, as well as another brand, Hui Li (aka Warrior).

Last year, a China-born design student in Helsinki, Shumeng Ye, took time from her studies to pursue a project documenting the present day popularity of Warrior sneakers in her homeland. The result was a book, which, when purchased, came with a pair of the classic kicks. Here is more info.

While their simplicity and Chinese characters may appeal to the Western minded, for most Chinese they embody a bygone era which doesn't fit with their contemporary selves. Fair enough. From their box to their insole, I think their perfect, but apart from the photos taken by Ms. Shumeng, I have yet to see a Chinese person wearing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment